As we continue our speculation as to the immediate NBA futures of Villanova seniors Dante Cunningham (who will be graduating) and Scottie Reynolds (only a junior), I've found a very substantive site on the topic, published by an NBA draft expert, Matt Maurer - TheDraftReview.com.
On March 30, Maurer published his latest version of the 2009 Mock Draft. Of course, of primary interest to Villanova fans, is if and where Maurer projects Cunningham and Reynolds to appear. And it's the best possible news for us, as fans. Here's why:
- We can wish Cunningham well, as he's projected to be in the second round, as the 35th selection overall, by Minnesota. Ironically, with the Timberwolves, he could join former Villanova Wildcat teammate Randy Foye. They played together on the 2005-06 team, when Foye was a senior, and Cunningham was a freshman.
- Unfortunately for Reynolds, but fortunately for us- Maurer does not project Reynolds to be drafted in 2009.
- Cunningham gets to play in the league, and Villanova can boast of yet another NBA player.
- Reynolds would most likely return for his senior year, where he can help Villanova contend for another City Series title, Big East regular-season and tournament championships, and perhaps - dare I say it - another Final Four (or even a national championship.)
- And presumably, Reynolds's NBA stock might rise if he has another superb season, and is just as visible in March Madness (and "One Shining Moment").
There are two ways you can contact Villanova Viewpoint. One is by commenting on this blog. Comments are encouraged, and will always be answered. Also, you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org (Important note: This is a different e-mail address than before. Please use this new one.)